Colored scarves are a favorite in music class! Not only are they beautiful to look at, but they are perfect for working on color identification, motor skills, and directional awareness. Watch it wave in the air, on the ground, and in front of your nose as we dance along to this song!
“I Like the Way You Wave the Scarf” provides opportunities to address these objectives:
- Increase directional awareness
- Improve gross and fine motor skills
- Improve color identification
- Improve body part identification
- Increase ability to follow clearly stated directions
This song works well with visual modeling, especially for younger children, so consider playing with a scarf yourself to demonstrate the movements in the song.