Each and every instrument makes a very unique sound. For example, a bell makes a high pitched sound while the drum has a low sound. “Instruments in the Jungle” explores the special sounds of each instrument and encourages participant(s) to identify what instrument it is! Listen carefully; can you tell which instrument is which?
“Instruments in the Jungle” provides opportunities to address these objectives:
- Improve critical listening skills
- Improve auditory discrimination
- Increase sustained attention
- Increase ability to follow clearly stated directions
- Improve turn-taking skills (see adaptations)
To address turn-taking skills, have each child take a turn as the leader and play the instrument for the rest of the group to guess.