I’m a big fan of all the “old lady” books! That old lady was the very inspiration for this instrument-centric tune. In this song, the old lady plays the bells fast, slow, and up high!
“There Was an Old Lady Who Played the Bell” provides opportunities to address these objectives:
- Increase gross motor skills
- Increase ability to discriminate between slow and fast
- Improve spatial awareness
- Increase ability to follow clearly stated directions
- Increase sustained attention
For an added challenge, instead of going from slow to fast, start very softly and gradually get louder. What other ways can the old lady play the bell?